Monday 24 August 2009

Hot stuff go'n on!

It's been a while since I last wrote in my blog. The reason is that I've just been so busy every day since the course started.

Last week Wednesday I started my 3 day SAP GRC 300 course. The prerequisite for this course is that you have to have already a working knowledge of the SAP program.

All the other students in the course had plenty of work experience or at least have completed courses in SAP already... I didn't even know what it looked like, never seen it before. Needless to say, it was quite a challenge to grasp how to use the tool.

On top of that, at the end of the day, it was my only time to answer my IBM work e-mails. Before I knew it, it was time for bed.

But at the end of the course, after plenty of sweaty moments, I passed and I'm certified in GRC 300. Today I started GRC 310 which will end on Wednesday. I've attached a video of my class and classmates.

You see me in the end of the video staring at the computer in a state of confusion and throwing my hands at the computer in despair. (More about SAP & GRC to come)




Then in the weekend, I was lucky enough to have made contact with 3 wonderful IBM India colleagues living and working in Bangalore. I was able to contact them via the IBM diversity program.

I simply asked if they wouldn't mind just having a drink somewhere to give me ideas of what to do while I'm in Bangalore.

Never tell an Indian you're new in town, know no one and would like to just take up a few minutes of their time if you'd much rather be alone in your apartment feeling lonely.

From the end of my classes on Friday to Sunday night, they took my hand (literally - that's normal in India) and gave me one of the most exciting and welcoming weekends of my life!

Note: I look rather 'well fed' in that photo, I'm not THAT big, it's just that all those Indian guys are so darn healthy and thin!!!

(More about Arun, Tara and Sathish to follow!)

5 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that you have made friends already!
    No friends no fun!
    And by the way: I think you are a real writer. Your posts are fun to read and I'm looking forward to the next one.

    Big Hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with the certification.
    One more to go...
    And nice to read that you enjoy your adventure so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice short movie :) even though you seemed lost, you PASSED!

    How are you coping with the Indian Accent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Indian accent is a STRUGGLE! At least they are patient with me constantly asking them to repeat themselves over and over.

    ReplyDelete